Friday, January 15, 2010

Should I have my HAIR WASHED and STYLED at the SALON before attending my friend's wedding?

Do you ever have your hair done for a wedding?





Do they always wash your hair before styling it?Should I have my HAIR WASHED and STYLED at the SALON before attending my friend's wedding?
If you are worried about your hair and have the money, go ahead and make an appointment to have it done for the wedding. I've gotten my hair done for weddings on several occasions and they normally tell you to come into the salon with clean, dry hair so they can just get to work with styling. That has been my experience anyway. When you call to make an appointment you can ask about it.Should I have my HAIR WASHED and STYLED at the SALON before attending my friend's wedding?
When i had my hair done for my wedding, and for my best friend's wedding, both times the stylist said to come in with my hair dry and clean, but not washed the same day. Really clean (ie same day wash) hair is harder to put up, because the natural oils make the hair a bit grippier and easier for the styling products (mousse, gel, hairspray, etc) to hang on to.





In general, if i'm going to any special event wedding or otherwise, i don't bother getting a salon styled hairdo. If its a really fancy event, i'll do a practice run with a fancy style before hand and then spend the time doing my own hair the day of. If its not a fancy event (not expected to wear fancy or floor length gowns), which includes most of the weddings i go to i just do my usual wash and tidy style.
Wedding are fun occasions to dress up %26amp; get your hair done. If you want to go to the salon, go! Guest have a right to look good too! Just know what you want first before going so you don't end up paying a lot.





Just a suggestion but DON'T cut your hair the day of the wedding. You don't want to look completely different in pictures %26amp; if you hate it, you cant change it. I know how people love makeovers but not the day of.
If you are going to be just a guest, it isn't necessary to have your hair done at a salon unless you want to. And I'm sure they always wash it before styling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment